The internet can be a really cool place because it:
- helps people who know each other in real life connect.
- allows instant long distance communication.
- gives people greater access to literature than any emperor or king in history.
But if you’re not disciplined it’s a place you shouldn’t hang around. In general you should:
- Take breaks every 15 minutes and limit all screen time to 2 hours a day
- Decide what you want to find before sitting at the computer and spend your time on nothing else
- Avoid chat rooms and scrolling through social media or the news
As an example of a good and wholesome use of the internet, I maintain a website for my friends and I to coordinate things like group hikes. The internet was not designed to fulfill your psychological and spiritual needs, so spend time with your family and friends instead. Keep it real and God bless.